This is the Nigerian version of the Colombian pasabocas-de-platanos, basically it is rice rolled in fried plantains. Like the Colombian version it can be eaten as a snack if you have just one portion or as a main.
- 4 Ripe Plantains
- 3 sausages
- Nigerian Jollof rice or Turmeric rice
- 3 cups of oil for frying
- Peel and cut Plantains in slices lengthwise of 5 millimeters thickness.
- Heat about 3 cups of oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the plantains one by one and fry them in oil for few minutes until golden. Fry both sides.
- When Plantains are done transfer on paper towels to drain
- While still warm mold them in a ring and secure with a toothpick to keep them in one piece.
- Then fill them with Jollof rice, using a spoon.
- You can top with slices of sausage or tomatoes.
- Serve with a side of salad.