I believe in making meals from scratch and l love homemade meals. They are healthier and saves money. I have some leftover sauce in the fridge and l decided to make pasta at home
Ingredients for the pasta
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBsp olive oil
- 2 TBsp water
Making the pasta dough
- In a medium bowl, combine the 2 cups of flour, 2 large eggs, and 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, water and mix well.
- Knead with your clean hands for about 10 minutes or until the dough feels elastic. If the dough is sticky after the first 5 minutes, add a sprinkling of sifted flour.
- Cover the bowl with a dish towel and set aside to rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Roll very thin and cut( l used a cookie cutter). You can cut in strips too.
Cooking the pasta
- In a pot bring water to boil add salt and oil to the boiling water.
- Drop the prepared pasta in boiling water
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Prepared pasta takes a little longer, but a general rule is that when the pasta dough is ready, they pop to the top of the boiling water.
- Remove the pasta with a slotted spoon, place in serving dishes and cover with sauce.
- Make sure you roll the dough thin or it will come out strong.
- Make the dough pillable and soft.
- The best flour to use is 00 type of flour used in Italy.
- After cutting the pasta dough I filled it with minced meat. I dropped filling on one, topped with another and sealed it.