This dish is so simple and easy to make. All you need is some plantains and ngò. Ncha is the best to use for ngò but if you do not have ncha you can use potash.
- 4 Plantains
- 200ml Ngò
- 100 g Kanda(cow skin)
- 3 TBsp Crayfish
- 1 TBsp Pepper
- I bulb of Onion diced
- 150 g Ugba(oil bean)
- Ugu(fluted pumpkin)
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut plantains do not peel. I am cooking it with the skin on. Boil the plantains for about 15 minutes or till the are done
- Wash and clean kanda, cut to bite size and cook for 15 minutes
- Make your Ngò
- Add 2 TBspoon crayfish, kanda, pepper, half of the diced onion and ugba to the ngò.
- Steam the Ugu with 1 Tbspoon crayfish and remaining diced onion.
- You can use green plantains if you dont want ripe ones
- To make ncha click here
- To use potash powder; dissolve potash in water and decant. Slowly add palm oil till it thickens and turn yellow